Themes covered -
- Position of the CPSU
- Foreign Relations
- The Economy
- Nationalist Threat
- Comparison of Leaderships
- Social issues
Sample exam questions -
- How was the failure to achieve effective economic reform between 1941 and 1991 responsible for the break-up of the USSR? (from the specification paper)
- A period of stagnation followed by reform - how far is this a valid analysis of Soviet politics, 1964 to 1991
- How important were national tensions between 1941 and 1991 in contributing to the break-up of the USSR?
- To what extent did Stalinism outlive Stalin?
- How successfully did the Communist Party maintain it's leading place within the Soviet Union between Stalin's death and the break up of the USSR?